UWorld recently distributed our annual survey to nursing students who used the UWorld Nursing QBank to prepare for the NCLEX. This is an important part of the quality assurance we employ to ensure our online learning tool is invaluable for NCLEX test prep.
In addition to relying on practicing clinicians and professional nursing instructors to build our NCLEX-style QBank, feedback from nursing students who utilize the product is another way we strive for excellence in every aspect of high-stakes licensure exam preparation.
Here are the results from this year’s NCLEX Success survey:
- 90% of students report that UWorld questions are the “same difficulty” or “more difficult” than the actual NCLEX exam for which they were studying.
- Students with a QBank average of 56% or higher had a NCLEX pass rate of 92.2%.
- Students with a QBank average of 56% or higher AND a “very high” chance of passing result on a Self-Assessment Exam had a NCLEX pass rate of 97.9%.
- 91% of students read the rationales for questions they had answered incorrectly.
- 77% of students read the rationales for questions they had answered correctly.
- 47% of students created custom practice tests based on their weak content areas.
According to students preparing for their NCLEX exam, UWorld’s concise, yet detailed, rationales continue to be the overriding factor that differentiates our QBank from other test-prep resources.
If you have an upcoming NCLEX exam, your best practices are to:
- Take time each day to work through a set number of questions
- Read the rationales thoroughly
- Take advantage of the self-assessment option
- Utilize the flashcard feature to build an additional study option
- Be diligent and stick with your study plan
Don’t just take our word for it, take it from these other students who have gone ahead of you. When you work through the UWorld NCLEX question bank and take advantage of each feature, you are well on your way to success on the test and fulfilling your calling in the field of nursing.